John Kiely, M.D., Has Over 30 Years of Experience Treating Hair Loss with Hair Transplant Surgery in DC, Maryland, Virginia, & Pennsylvania.
Locations in Rockville & Towson, MD
Since 1981, Dr. John Kiely has utilized the latest surgical techniques in hair transplantation, mini/micro-grafting follicular units, as the only proven way to efficiently move hair to the thinning areas to provide not only coverage, but fuller, thicker hair in the treated areas of patients in Baltimore, Washington DC, and the surrounding communities.
Why Call Dr. Kiely?
- More than 30 years of experience and over 14,000 procedures performed on men and women
- Save time and money: all consultations, surgeries, and follow-ups done personally by Dr. John Kiely
- For Female Patients with HAIR LOSS: The evaluation includes an internal medicine consultation and a laboratory work-up by Dr. John Kiely, Board-Certified, Hopkins-trained Internist (a unique service provided by Dr. Kiely)
- Evening and Saturday consultations available by appointment
Hair loss is a common problem in the United States, affecting more than 56 million people. This isn’t strictly a problem men experience, as a good number of women will also undergo hair loss during their lifetime. The good news is that advancements in hair restoration combined with the skillful touch of Dr. Kiely can once again allow you to enjoy a full head of hair.
Hair Transplant Surgery in Baltimore, MD
Hair Transplant is a procedure where hair is moved from the back or sides of the head to the areas where hair tends to be thinning. Everyone sheds between 40 and 120 hairs per day as a part of the natural growth process. Those who lose significantly more than that amount will eventually have their hair loss become noticeable, which is something that can significantly affect their self-esteem. Hair loss cannot be reversed, but it can be dealt with safely and effectively in a number of ways.
Causes of Hair Loss in Baltimore, MD
Hair loss is most often caused by a genetic disorder known as androgenetic alopecia, which causes hair follicles to become smaller, and produces characteristic male pattern baldness. It can also cause thinning hair over the entire scalp in women. Other common causes of hair loss include:
- Certain medications
- Skin conditions that affect the scalp
Hair Restoration Treatments in Baltimore, MD
Schedule a consultation with Dr. John Kiely if you believe you are losing more hair than usual or notice thinning or bald spots. Dr. Kiely will assess your scalp, and provide you with one of the many hair loss treatments which can include:
- Hair Transplant
- Hair Restoration
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Mini-Micro Grafting
- Micro Grafting
- Laser Hair Therapy
- Prescription Drug Therapy